HT / HTL / Histology Supervisor
Hackensack, NJ · Job ID: 10111 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
ATTENTION HISTOLOGY PROFESSIONALS! Are you ready for the next step in your career? Are you a seasoned Histology Technologist lead or supervisor looking to advance your career? Lighthouse Lab Services is currently representing a large reference lab in the Hackensack, NJ area that is looking for a Histology that might be right for you. Ideally located between the scenic mountains of Asheville and the sandy beaches of the Carolina coast, this organization offers the best of all seasons. If this sounds like something for you so far, keep reading for more details.
As the Histology Lab Supervisor, your duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
– Provides staff development through feedback aimed at performance development and review.
– Participates in corrective counseling, when necessary.
– Procures appropriate supplies and equipment to maximize department efficiency and stays within established budgetary and quality goals including accurate monthly inventory.
– Serves as a technical resource for problem-solving and process improvement to ensure accurate test performance and meets all quality goals.
– Investigates and documents non-conforming events as necessary.
– Devotes time to evaluate workflow and specimen testing to maintain adequate turnaround time and improve shift/employee productivity.
– Able to step in and perform testing using such methods as cutting H&E, Special Stain, IHC Slides, Embedding, etc.
– Responsible for the registration/billing of Histology specimens.
– Monitors and ensures implementation of goals to meet established quality assurance, quality control quality improvement plans and turnaround time.
– Ensures compliance with regulatory agency requirements through maintaining proper
documentation, conducting audits, and corrective actions.
– Reviews Quality Control data as needed and at least monthly or as required.
– Responsible for validating and implementing new methods and technologies.
– Ability to express ideas and report findings in a comprehensive and thorough manner.
– Answers inquiries regarding methodology and special factors that can influence test results.
– Troubleshoots and recommends process improvements, as needed.
– Performs staff appraisals/reviews/training/competency/hiring.
– 1st Shift; Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
– Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Histology or a Medical Laboratory Sciences related field.
*Higher level of education considered a plus
– Must have histology experience.
– Minimum of Six (6) years of lab experience; minimum of Two (2) years in Histology
*1+ years as a Lead/Supervisor experience
*HT / HTL ASCP Certification considered a plus
Salary and Benefits
– $85,000 – $95,000 (based on experience)
– Merit pay increases
– Retirement savings plan
– Full health, vision, and dental insurance plans
– Other Misc. Benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID: 10111