The Coordinator of Immunology is a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), with additional functions related to the supervision of a particular technical department within the hospital clinical laboratory. The Coordinator of Immunology is responsible for the technical functioning of analyzers and other equipment, the maintenance of quality control records, troubleshooting quality control anomalies, and setting technical standards in assigned area of supervision. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) is a professional state licensed position within the hospital clinical laboratory. A CLS is expected to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality in all areas involving patients and their related hospital business.
- Directly responsible to the Director of Laboratory
- This position provides supervisory support to Clinical Laboratory Scientists, Laboratory Assistants or Phlebotomists.
- Works closely with district leadership and departments as well as internal and external customers.
May be exposed to blood, body fluids, or tissues as well as patients in varying stages of infectious states.
– Bachelor’s degree.
Expectations of employee
– Adheres to hospital district Policy and Procedures
– Acts as a role model within and outside the hospital district
– Performs duties as workload necessitates
– Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
– Communicates regularly with supervisor about hospital district issues related to areas of responsibility
– Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
– Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
Skills, Knowledge, Attributes for success
– Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
– Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
– Change Management – Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
– Communication, Oral and Written – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
– Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
– Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
– Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
– Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
– Leadership – Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
– Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job #12909