– Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or relevant field required
– 2 years minimum clinical laboratory experience required.
– MT (ASCP) certification or certification eligibility preferred.
– BLS certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Must interact with other departments
– Must protect patient confidentiality at all time.
– Must have strong customer service skills.
– Must maintain knowledge of industry standards and applicable laws and regulations.
– Strong organizational skills required.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
– Must interact with patients, guests and co-workers in a professional manner.
– Must be able to effectively communicate with diverse populations.
– Knowledge of office equipment such as multi-line phones, faxes and copiers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of department goals and objectives, policies and procedures, and practice standards consistent with the Organization’s goals.
– Attends and actively contributes to departmental and hospital-wide staff meetings and committee meetings.
– Provides feedback to Laboratory employees on a daily basis and conducts performance evaluations.
– Presents employee discipline when necessary in conjunction with Human Resources.
– Maintains records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
– Performs accurate and appropriate testing of specimens received in the laboratory, according to established laboratory protocol and procedures, reviews and release patient results.
– Follows all Hospital HIPAA, CLIA, OSHA and other guidelines as described in their respective policies.
– Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct and document the problems encountered.
– Serve as the laboratory resource to physicians and nursing staff of the hospital.
– Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
– Maintain general appearance of the department.
– If needed, participate in government or regulatory agency inspections.
– Follows established procedures for laboratory quality control and reports discrepancies to the appropriate supervisor.
– Performs daily, weekly, monthly, or as needed, maintenance on instruments and equipment as appropriate. Performs calibration of equipment as required.
– Troubleshoots instruments, equipment, reagents, and patient specimen's when problems occur. Notifies the supervisor if unable to solve the problem.
– Complies with established laboratory and hospital policies for universal precautions and safety procedures. When handling blood and/or body fluids, universal precaution procedures will be followed in order to minimize exposure to infectious diseases. Safety policies and procedures will be followed when using chemicals.
– Performs phlebotomy (venipunctures, fingersticks, bleeding times) as appropriate for the patient requiring this procedure.
– Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job?related hazards.
– Follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
– Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
– Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter- and intradepartmentally to facilitate the department’s/unit’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
– Designated as the technical consultant by the Laboratory Director per CLIA regulations. (see job duties in Lab Department competency policy #3009)
– Performs all other duties as assigned.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job #12720