Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of clinical laboratory personnel. Currently, we are working with a hospital near Pittsburgh, PA that is searching for a Laboratory Information Systems Analyst to join their team.
This is a day shift position, 8:00AM-5:00PM with rotating on-call hours.
The Role You'll Play:
- Exemplifies Customer Service Behavioral Expectations in all interactions. Treats customers with respect, compassion, and hospitality; anticipates, identifies, and responds to individual needs; makes a positive first impression by acknowledging customers; and demonstrates flexibility while maintaining priorities.
- Serves as a liaison between the client and vendor personnel regarding the implementation of new software or hardware and resolves any issues with software applications. Researches problem solutions for client using advanced analytical and investigative techniques to solve complex problems and deliver feasible and cost effective solutions.
- Project analysis, design, build, evaluation, testing, implementation, training, maintenance, troubleshooting, monitoring and support of Sunquest Laboratory and Sunquest Power Path Information Systems as well as other subsystems.
- Assists with the configuration, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of hardware on the laboratory and hospital networks.
- Initiates service support calls as needed with information systems vendors and assures prompt follow-up and issue resolution. Documents and reports such calls in coordination with the LIS Manager.
- Prepares training documentation and training-related materials and schedules; coordinates and conducts training sessions and other presentations.
- Coordinates delivery of applications, fixes, patches, and new releases of applications and documentation.
- Supports the day-to-day operations of the LIS and will serve as one of the primary contacts for lab users regarding any lab information system questions and/or issues.
- Provides off-hour laboratory information system support and downtime event support.
- Associate’s Degree in computer science, medical laboratory science, or related field OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, medical laboratory science, or related field
- One year experience as a clinical applications analyst OR three years experience as a user of laboratory information systems
- Prior experience in the configuration and maintenance of laboratory or healthcare information systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with vendors, laboratory personnel and other Hospital personnel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Professional Office software programs (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, etc)
Salary & Benefits:
- $28-32/hr (based on experience)
- Health, Vision, Dental
- PTO & Paid Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#VT Job #13174