Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of laboratory personnel. Currently, we are working with a laboratory in Chicago, IL that is looking for a Director of Laboratory Operations to join their team. This will be a day shift, Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM position. The Director of Laboratory Operations will help out around the lab and assist with the day-to-day operations of the lab.
The laboratory is currently seeking a Director of Laboratory Operations who will be responsible for all the aspects of the clinical laboratory with guidance from the Laboratory Medical Director to maintain compliance with CLIA, The Joint Commission standards, FDA regulations, OSHA/Safety, including the research and development programs.
The Director of Laboratory Operations will lead in the development, validation, and implementation of new procedures and methods for clinical laboratory applications and will establish strategies, and ensure projects and goals are met.
1. Assist with overseeing clinical laboratory staff and all technical operations of the laboratory.
2. Directs staff in the performance of their duties and responsibilities including oversight for hiring, training, competency assessment, performance evaluations and goal setting.
3. Planning, organizing, and directing various research and development projects.
4. Develop and implement installation of new or improved laboratory techniques.
5. Lead and manage the implementation and completion of new procedures, methods, and instruments, as well as ensuring all training, accreditation, and competency standards are met.
6. Oversee complex research projects, analyze results, and provide recommendations based on findings.
7. Define and monitor quality control and quality assurance programs and maintain necessary documentation and ensure methods are in full compliance with policies and procedures.
8. Provide guidance and expertise in the analysis and interpretation of reports to clients.
9. Trains, supervises, and assumes accountability for the team.
We are looking for motivated Director, Technical Operations with:
1. Education: a 4-year degree or higher in Medical Technology or related Biological Sciences such as molecular, biology, genetics, or genomics.
2. Certification is highly preferred.
3. 10 years experience in the clinical laboratory setting.
4. Previous 5 years management experience required.
5. Extensive knowledge of research and laboratory practices and requirements.
6. Able to organize and execute variable workload and multiple priorities.
7. Demonstrated problem solving, judgment and conflict resolution skills with the ability to provide high quality independent analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
8. Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions and company policies.
9. Ability to effectively cope with change and manage stressful situations.
10. Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining a positive attitude.
11. Superior written and verbal communication skills.
Why this Lab?
– They offer their coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
Collaborative and energetic culture
Fast-paced and innovative environment
Chance to make an impact to the organization
-Health, Dental, and Vision
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities.
If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-974-1929 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BW Job ID #15387