Lighthouse Lab Services is partnering with a top-notch children's hospital in Phoenix, Arizona who's been consistently ranked as one of the top pediatric healthcare systems in the country. On their behalf, we're looking for a seasoned Laboratory Operations Manager to step in to take over both the technical and administrative aspects of the laboratory, overseeing approximately 70 personnel across multiple departments. This leader would oversee departments such as chemistry, hematology, coagulation, microbiology, Point-of-Care testing, blood bank/transfusion services and phlebotomy as well as their Outpatient Specialty/Urgent Care Center Laboratories and Satellite Offices.
Our client is looking for someone who's looking to grow with the hospital as it looks to continue to grow and scale up.
Before we get into the nitty-gritty, our client's values are very important to understand, because they are the foundation of everything they do. Those values are:
– Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
– Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
– Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
– Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
– Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
The Role You'll Play:
– Coordinate departmental functions within the organization.
– Develop and implements appropriate policies and procedures within the guidelines of the organization.
– Assist supervisors in developing, evaluating, or providing access to, new testing as needed.
– Develop, implement, and communicate departmental mission, vision and strategic plan.
– Ensure adherence to departmental operating and capital budgets.
– Monitor productivity reports (EPSi) and time management reports (Kronos) to ensure laboratory is meeting benchmark metrics.
– Develop and supervise staff through provision of timely feedback and use of appropriate Human Resource policies and tools to facilitate and ensure the ability of staff to achieve highest level of professional growth and desired performance standards. Assists supervisors with employee performance evaluations and coaching.
– Help to select and negotiate terms of contract with outside vendors, purchase of equipment, contracts for services provided at Reference laboratories, and outreach contracts for laboratory services performed at the hospital, in coordination with the Laboratory Administrative Director and executive leadership team.
– Contribute to strategic planning for the clinical laboratory. Develops business plan with annual revision in alignment with hospital initiatives.
– Perform cost-per-test analysis that informs test charges for new and existing tests. Provide financial analysis of send-out costs vs. in-house costs for specific tests, and advises management team of opportunities for in-sourcing of laboratory tests and services.
– Advise management team of outreach opportunities to provide pediatric testing and laboratory services within the region. Work with hospital strategy department and marketing department to develop effective customer service interfaces and resources that promote the laboratory as a reference laboratory.
– Perform miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
– Highly Competitive Salary (based on experience)
– Comprehensive Benefits
– Bachelor's in Medical Technology or equivalent required
– Master's of Business Administration, Health Care Administration / management, or similar advanced business degree highly preferred
– MT(ASCP) or MLS(ASCP) or equivalent required
– 5-10 years of Laboratory Management experience required
– Experience with CLIA Lab regulation and regulatory agencies required
– Knowledge of CLIA, CAP, CMS, and Joint Commission regulations and standards required
– Knowledge of laboratory economics, including budgeting and use of tools for analysis of throughput, productivity, cost-per-test, and in-source vs out-source decisions
– Willingness to travel to national conference approximately once per year and to satellite locations as needed (satellite facilities are about a 40 mile drive)
– Demonstrated personnel and operational management expertise required
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job # 12191