Laboratory Supervisor/Core/Special Chem/Molecular
Edison, NJ · Job ID: 9927 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Are you looking to take the next step in your lab career by joining a large and successful commercial lab company that is currently starting a new lab? Are you tired of your current supervisor role and looking for a chance to really make an impact in your next position?
We are currently representing a lab near Edison, NJ that may be a perfect place for you. The lab is almost complete and will support the testing of 35 local physician offices. They currently need a Laboratory Supervisor for the night shift to be responsible for financial management, productivity, quality and service, strategic planning, continuous improvement, staff development and management, procedures, and developing and implementing new services in the Testing Laboratory.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
– Designs laboratory workflow processes and efficient testing schedules to ensure timely delivery of test results
– Supervises the laboratory personnel through continual general and direct supervision, interactive staff meetings, time management, and workload distribution
– Accessible to laboratory testing personnel at all times when testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve problems in accordance with policies and procedures established by the laboratory director or laboratory manager
– Monitors the supply and reagent inventory to ensure the Laboratory is stocked with consumables
– Assists with staying within budget parameters as well as reaching projected program goals
– Monitors and responds to monthly volumes, utilization, financial, operational and quality metrics
– Takes action on personnel and operational issues with urgency
– Adhere to and uphold all applicable federal and state compliance regulations as well as the clients Code of Conduct and Ethical Responsibility, compliance policies and procedures,
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
– Minimum education includes a Bachelors degree in one of the following: chemistry, human biological science, clinical laboratory science, or medical technology
– Also required is one year of laboratory training and experience in high-complexity testing
– In -depth knowledge of complex laboratory techniques, laboratory safety and quality assurance to support ongoing and future projects
– Ability to communicate well through written and verbal means is required
– Proficient with statistical and computer productivity software (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.) required
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID# 9927