Laboratory Supervisor / Histology
Portland, OR · Job ID: 9889 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Are you a Histology Supervisor, interested in further growing your career? Hoping to join a stable, growing company in one of the most desirable locations in the country? Keep reading to learn more about this rare opportunity to join an amazing clinical testing team.
We are representing a fantastic company just outside of Portland, Oregon that is looking to bring on a licensed Histology Supervisor in order to supervise and oversee all technologists within the histology testing division. The Histology clinic Supervisor duties are in addition to the primary Histology Technologist duties including grossing. The supervisor acts in assigned area(s) as an extended resource to the administrator, as well as, to the department employees and providers.
The Role You'll Play Will Include But Not Limited To:
– Oversee daily operations and responsibilities of “patient flow” within each assigned area. Delegate tasks as appropriate.
– Reassign staff to meet the needs of the day and coordinate operational needs, as necessary.
– Act as the first level, “go to person” for the providers and staff regarding troubleshooting issues.
– Assist administrator with staffing schedules, coordinating vacation requests and sick calls to ensure appropriate clinical coverage. Assist administrator with review of time cards.
– Provide first level support as a patient services liaison to research issues surrounding complaints, specimen tracking errors, etc. Communicate findings and potential solutions to manager.
– Ensure smooth clinic operations which support teamwork, and generate a positive attitude between all levels of clinical staff.
– Monitor and process reports to meet Clinic timelines and outcomes.
– Ensure efficient levels (PAR levels) of reagents and critical daily use supplies.
– Work with other referring clinical departments to ensure accuracy of specimen integrity and transport.
– Monitor and report on daily workloads per department expectations.
– Lead department huddles to discuss department challenges, metrics and successes.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
– Five years of experience in Histology, with one year in a supervisor or lead capacity.
– Bachelor's degree in science-related area
– HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP) certified
– Superior communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Salary and Benefits:
– Full Benefits
– Education Reimbursement
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
# DS Job ID: 9889