Lighthouse Lab Services is partnering with a state-of-the-art esoteric laboratory in the Austin, Texas area who's looking for an LCMS / Analytical Chemistry Supervisor to join its team. They're seeking personnel who not only possess the technical background to help out in the lab as needed but who also can engage with 20+ laboratory personnel on a day-to-day basis across multiple shifts.
You'll Have the Distinct Honor of Supervising:
– Analytical Chemistry Lab Assistants
– Analytical Chemistry Scientists / Testing Personnel
WHY Your Role is Important:
You'll be responsible for the day-to-day management of a clinical testing laboratory, leading a growing team in sample processing, testing, quality control, data analysis, equipment and environment maintenance and new test integration. You'll oversee hiring, training and promotion of laboratory staff. You'll promote and communicate corporate goals and programs including implementation of continuous quality improvement and adherence of all required regulations and accreditation guidelines.
A Note About Your Work Shift:
– The LCMS Supervisor will primarily work the day-shift but they'll be expected to engage with direct report staff across all shifts. So your schedule can be flexible to allow for you to put in appropriate face-time with staff and to achieve all job tasks.
More Info about Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
Manages and participates in the day-to-day operations, development of staff, and compliance with all company programs and regulations.
– Assume leadership and mentorship role in overseeing the technical and operational aspects of the Analytical chemistry Laboratory including scheduling, competency assessments, and daily task assignments.
– Develop and foster professional relationships across all shifts
– Manage staff and participate in the day-to-day operations of sample processing, testing, quality control, data analysis, QC approvals, ordering and inventory management, equipment maintenance, and all other necessary tasks
– Maintains present testing reliability including diagnosing test failures (instrumental and chemical) and implementing corrective action with an emphasis on calibrator and quality control review.
– Oversee the hiring, training and promotion of laboratory staff
– Grow and develop staff in order to increase overall knowledge-base
– Ensure sufficient cross-training takes place in order to guarantee that operational coverage is always consistent and meets turnaround time requirements
– Ensure continuing education and competencies are up-to-date for all personnela
Leads the laboratory in continuous improvement and communicates organizational direction.
– Drive a culture of operational and quality continuous improvement
– Work with the management team to develop metric collection tools (Quality Dashboard, Control Boards, etc.) that serve to measure laboratory performance, service delivery information, quality data, etc
– Continuously optimize laboratory footprint, assays, process flow, etc. that allows the laboratory to become more effective in the area of quality and operations
– Develop operational tools to ensure personnel and equipment capacity remain efficient and at a sufficient level in order to maintain service delivery obligations
– Communicate and present to upper management the development of continuous improvement projects
– Maintain inventory level for current and forecasted testing fluctuations
– Track inventory usage and be able to articulate fluctuations in P&L statements with respect to costs
– Monitor and manage a wide range of operational metrics
Ensures policies and procedures are followed and maintains adherence to Quality program.
– Facilitate internal audits with the Quality Department
– Ensure laboratory is audit ready for any accrediting bodies that perform external audits
– Participate in audits as needed
Leads department through new test integration and LIS improvements
– Develop high-level of LIS knowledge to maintain processes for routine testing and new test development
– Involved with the implementation of new and/or improved tests including coordination of resources for validation/verification, new equipment installation, and initial training
Shows commitment to company initiatives and plays an active role in promoting a positive culture.
– Fulfills all other duties as assigned
Compensation for Your Much-Appreciated Efforts:
– Competitive base salary (based on experience)
– Full benefits
– Relocation Assistance (on a case-by-case basis)
– Flexible work hours
Basic Preferred Qualifications Profile:
– Bachelors degree in a chemical, physical or biological science or medical technology (CLS) from an accredited institution AND 6 years of clinical laboratory experience, OR
– Masters degree in a chemical, physical or biological science or medical technology (CLS) from an accredited institution AND 4 years of clinical laboratory experience
– Prior experience as a laboratory supervisor in a CLIA-certified laboratory is required
– Strong personnel management skills required (including but not limited to scheduling, hiring, interviewing, training, resolving conflict, etc)
– Prior experience performing LCMS / analytical chemistry is required
– Prior experience with endocrinology, therapeutic drug monitoring and/or urine drug testing highly preferred
– Experience with CLIA and CAP regulations with highly preferred
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job # 10863