LCMS Operator / Certifying Scientist
Orlando, FL · Job ID: 9861 · · Industry: Toxicology
Are you interested in taking your toxicology testing career to the next level by joining a successful and growing laboratory that will provide the opportunity to work autonomously while living in exciting Orlando, Florida?
Lighthouse Recruiting is currently seeking a Certifying Scientist / Toxicologist to join a growing toxicology testing laboratory just 15 minutes north of Downtown Orlando. This role will be responsible for performing analytical drug testing data review and analyses and operating / troubleshooting LCMS equipment. The Certifying Scientist will be conducting a review of all confirmation results to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the drug testing process and subsequently releasing these test reports to physicians or other healthcare professionals.
Other job duties include but are not limited to:
– Loads and runs samples through LCMS equipment (Shimadzu).
– Troubleshoots instrumentation as necessary.
– Reviews drug confirmation data from the laboratory, compares with the initial screening data for accuracy and releases the results.
– Initiates any corrective action in the lab on testing data that has been reviewed and found to be incomplete or inconclusive.
– Provides detailed customer consultation for physicians and other health care professionals in regards to drug testing methods, drug metabolism and excretion.
You should apply if you have at least a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Toxicology (or related field) and at least one year of previous clinical experience with LC-MS certifying and releasing. This is an excellent opportunity to join a solid business in a great location. Not only do you get to be part of a quickly growing lab, but the compensation and benefits are also very competitive.
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Bachelor's or greater in Medical technology, chemistry, toxicology, or similar.
– Florida state license as a clinical laboratory scientist.
– 2+ years LC-MS/MS certifying and releasing experience in a clinical setting preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
– Base salary of $65k – $80k (based on previous experience)
– Health Insurance
– Retirement savings plan
– PTO and Holidays
Lighthouse Lab Services specializes in recruiting Clinical Laboratory Professionals. We have over 10 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, with clients ranging from small hospitals in rural Maine to large reference laboratories on the shores of Hawaii and everything in between.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Recruiting to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Recruiting will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
Job ID 9861