A mid-sized but growing reference laboratory in Pasadena, CA is looking for an LCMS R&D scientist to work on assay development for new in-house LDTs. This position will be responsible for providing operational and strategic guidance for initiating and implementing R&D programs, including proper planning, resource allocation, control and completion. The ideal candidate is motivated with a proven track record of success and project deliverables in assay development, and is ready to leverage their knowledge to help the organization grow. We are looking for someone with a minimum of a bachelor's degree in a relevant physical science, though master's / PhD would be preferred for this role.
For the right candidate, this laboratory offers excellent growth potential only capped by the ambition of its leadership. This lab is also in an ideal location for many different personality types – from lovers of the outdoors to those who prefer city life in nearby Los Angeles.
- Provide operational and strategic technical guidance for initiating and implementing research and development programs, including proper planning, resource allocation, control, and completion.
- Keep and maintain all instruments and equipment in excellent working condition, keep all work areas neat and clean, and follow all safety procedures without exception
- Development and implement innovative LC/MS/MS applications
- Development and implement alternate matrix based clinical assays
- Interface with clinical laboratory team to meet their needs
- Perform technology transfer of assays to production
- BS in a relevant physical / chemical science
- Master's degree or PhD preferred but not required
- Proven track record in LCMS Assay Development / R&D required
- Expertise in using analytical software required.
Salary: $80,000-$120,000 per year dependent upon experience.
Benefits: Full Benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com