Lighthouse Lab Services is currently looking for a Chemistry/Hematology Lead Technologist to join a small, community hospital laboratory in beautiful and serene Hermiston, Oregon. Qualified candidates will be experienced in performing a broad range of laboratory procedures and tests and have a willingness to support the needs of patients, as well as the goals of the job and the team.
– Perform the full range of laboratory tests provided by Interpath Laboratory— Blood Banking, Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology, Microbiology, Urinalysis and Coagulation, in an accurate and timely manner.
– Operate complex automated laboratory equipment, electronic equipment, computer software, and precision instruments. Provide trouble-shooting on such instruments as far as possible.
– Confirm accuracy of test results.
– Evaluate test results and recognize abnormal values in specific population groups.
– Report laboratory findings to pathologist and other healthcare providers.
– Develop and modify procedures as needed.
– Establish and monitor programs, to ensure the accuracy of tests.
– Participate in all aspects of proficiency testing.
– Understand and adhere to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
– Administrative duties including excellent customer service to all patients, clients and employees. Answer phones in a timely manner following company standards on proper phone etiquette.
– Perform other work related duties as assigned.
– For MLT, Associates degree in clinical lab science or related.
– For MT, Bachelors degree in clinical lab science or related
– MT or MLT certification (ASCP or NCA preferred)
– Strong experience in Chemistry and Hematology
Salary and Benefits:
– Base salary of 25-32/hr (based on title and experience)
– Relocation on a case-by-case basis
– Health Insurance
– Retirement with company match
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID: 11730