Are you interested in working in one of the top ranked hospitals in South Carolina? Do you want to live in an equestrian focused town with a storied history near beautiful Augusta, GA, home of the Masters? Lighthouse Lab Services has a Lead Medical Technologist position available at a 270-bed hospital near Aiken, SC. If you are a quality focused scientist with the skill set listed below, we'd love to hear from you.
Section Lead Technologist
The Section Lead Technolgoist will be responsible for ensuring that all lab professionals are properly trained and works in close contact with the Clinical Lab Manager in the day-to-day operations. They also ensure that the department meets all regulatory requirements.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides technical advice to physicians, nurses and lab techs in clinical laboratory procedures
- Responsible for quality control and quality assurance processes
- Identifies error and reports them to the Clinical Lab Manager
- Coordinates orientation and training of new associates with the Clinical Lab Manager
- Assists in the annual review of Clinical Lab policies and procedures for their section
- Writes and updates procedures in their department
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements are being met for department section
- Participates in the lab continuous quality improvement plan
- Provides documentation necessary for any required corrective action or education
- Facilitates training and education on new equipment and procedures
- Ensures that the appropriate competencies are completed annually, bi-annually, and first 90-days.
- Monitor performance on proficiency testing surveys in the department section and provide education when needed.
- Meet continuing education requirements to remain current in area of expertise
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the department for which they will be responsible.
- Willingness to Travel – Occasionally
- ASCP Certified
Salary and Benefits:
– Full Benefits Offered
– Competitive salary offered commensorate with experience
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com