Lead Microbiology Technologist
Dayton, OH · Job ID: 10094 · · Industry: Staff Laboratory
This one is for all the aspiring Microbiology Techs out there. Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a large hospital (500 beds) looking for a Lead Microbiology Technologist to join the team in the Dayton, OH area. This is a brand new position created by the Microbiology Supervisor.
This hospital is the hub for all the microbiology testing in Southwest Ohio, taking samples from 11 surrounding facilities. This facility currently have two Microscans. They have just purchased Biomerieux Mass Spec, Viteks, and Virtuos so we would prefer previous experience on those instruments and you would be helping validate them as well. Your LIS system will be Epic Beaker.
Responsibilities will include;
??????- Oversees the Microbiology Quality Control program, including technical procedures, documents and forms.
– Provides periodic review and procedural edits as required.
– Works with team and vendors to troubleshoot equipment problems;
– Assists Supervisor in evaluating team performance annually
– Oversees the department schedule and bench assignments
– Assists supervisor in onboarding of new staff and ensures completion of training checklists and competency assessment
– Assists Supervisor with ordering, assigning, and submitting CAP PT surveys
-Ensures laboratory is CAP compliant
– Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences
– MLS(ASCP) or equivalent
– 3-5 years of clinical laboratory experience experience
– Molecular, Microbiology, and Bacteriology experience are required
– Full Benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com