– Independently perform clinical testing in accordance with established standard operating procedures.
– Demonstrate high-level problem solving skills and analytical abilities to successfully perform laboratory testing.
– Maintain proficiency in appropriate Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Maintain expertise in or knowledge of molecular biology techniques, including but not limited to: nucleic acid isolation, nucleic acid quantitation, PCR/RT-PCR/qPCR, Sanger sequencing, LOH, methylation analysis, MassARRAY MALDI-TOF, next-generation sequencing, etc
- Appropriately use automated and/or liquid handling machines for clinical testing.
- Accurately and precisely analyze molecular assay results for final interpretation by medical staff.
– Work as part of collaborative team for interpretation of complex molecular results.
– Assist in development of disease, gene and/or variant knowledge-base.
– Assist in research projects, new clinical assay development and/or document control reviews as required. Design and execute clinical validation studies to assess technical test performance in accordance to CAP guidelines.
– Adhere to established laboratory policies in areas of procedures, quality control, quality assurance and safety and compliance.
– Additional duties as assigned
– Strong background in molecular biological techniques and demonstrated ability to design and perform "bench" studies.
– Leadership experience and a demonstrated capability to troubleshoot technical problems.
– Experience in wet- and dry-bench parts of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) assays.
– Experience in clinical molecular assay design and validation.
– Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
– Must work effectively with an interdisciplinary team of scientists, physicians, lab technologists.
– Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm and initiative on a daily basis. Must have ability to work in fast-paced environment. Attention to detail is critical.
– Minimum: Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a biological science field and at least one year of experience with molecular-based assays.
– Preferred: MS or PhD degree in molecular biology-related field with experience in wet-bench processes for complex molecular assays.
– At least 3-5 years of molecular laboratory experience.
– New York State Licensed Technologist & ASCP certification or eligibility.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com