Come on down to Hotlanta for your next great lab opportunity!
Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a great client near Atlanta, Georgia to fill full time Medical Assistant position. This role will support the efforts of the lab to collect, prepare, deliver, and pick up items from partner labs.
Caught your interest? READ ON!!!
The Role You'll Play:
- Works directly with patients and staff, building a positive and effective working relationship.
- Collects, prepares, delivers, and picks up items in accordance with health and safety regulations and laboratory policies to ensure specimen integrity, quality patient care, and caregiver safety.
- Collects and labels specimens for requested testing, processes specimen according to established guidelines and completes documentation for the specimen.
- Performs data entry of patient demographics, diagnosis codes, insurance information and tests ordered. Performs all paperwork, technical, and nontechnical procedures required to process and submit specimens.
- Performs quality assurance on documentation and retrieves missing information when necessary from medical staff.
- Receives, handles, sorts, processes, distribute to technical department & packages specimens.
- Receives and makes telephone calls and uses computer terminal and reference guides to provide information and answer questions from clients and patients, regarding specimen requirements, test results and other client requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Gold Coast Diagnostics leadership team.
- Prepares specimens and forms for testing at the laboratory and for transport to external reference laboratories.
- Verify work and assist supervisor as needed
- Will travel from facility to facility to work with patients and staff. Will travel to nursing home, patient care home, or physician’s office to complete assignments.
- May be assigned to work PRN (as needed) to substitute for vacationing collectors.
- Must be able to lift 20 – 40 lbs.
Minimum Preferred Profile:
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with 1 to 2 years of experience
- Certified Nursing Assistants or medical assistants encouraged to apply
- Specimen collection and accessioning experience a plus.
Salary, Benefits, Schedule
- $15-$17 per hour (based on experience)
- Requires a minimum of up to 35 hours per week
- Will receive $0.31 per mile via expense report
- Day shift
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
LK #JD 14061