Small town, big music! Home to one of the nation’s oldest and largest bluegrass and acoustic music festivals, Walnut Valley Festival, Winfield, Kansas is full of fun and culture. Set less than an hour from Wichita, beautiful Winfield is great place to lay down roots. If that sounds just your speed – READ ON!
Lighthouse Lab services is partnered with a healthcare system in Winfield, KS looking for a Medical Lab Technician. Qualified candidates will Perform procedures in: Hematology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Urinalysis, Immunology, Molecular diagnostics, and Blood Bank.
If you’re looking for a supportive work environment and a quality way of life, look no further.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Ability to function in all areas of the clinical laboratory: blood bank, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, serology/immunology.
- Responsible for performing high-complexity testing.
- Alters or adjusts methods and procedures for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- Performs quality control procedures and instrument checks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of expected lab values for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- Notifies patient care unit and/or physician of critical lab values.
- Maintains accurate laboratory records on procedures performed for statistics and billing.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies.
- Interacts professionally with the Laboratory General Supervisor, Lab Director, and clinical laboratory personnel.
- Consults with other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate inpatient care and performance improvement activities.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Follows standard precautions at all times.
- Manages and operates laboratory equipment safely and correctly.
- Demonstrates knowledge of new testing methods, products, instrumentation; remains informed on current technologies relative to scope of practice in the lab and at employer.
- Maintains current knowledge of employer policies, CMS, state and other regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for inventory of reagents and supplies in the laboratory, reports needed supplies to the general supervisor.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Demonstrates the value of team concept on a consistent basis. Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual educational requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and CMS regulations.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated time.
- Wears identification while on duty; uses computerized time system correctly.
- Completes inservices and returns in a timely fashion.
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
- Attends annual review and departmental inservices as scheduled.
- Attends staff meetings; reads and returns all monthly staff meeting minutes.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and quality improvement (QI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, vision, core values, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, safety and infection control.
- Uses AIDET with each patient interaction.
Minimum Preferred Profile
- Associates Degree in Science
- New Grads welcome to apply
Salary, Schedule, and Benefits
- Competitive Salary commensurate with education and experience
- First Shift (on call some weekends or vacations as needed)
- Comprehensive Employer Insured Medical Benefits
- Very competitive retirement programs
- Quality workplace with inherent perks
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
LK Job ID #15431