About the Role:
The Medical Laboratory Scientist performs tests in Hematology, Chemistry, Blood Bank, Toxicology, Urinalysis, Immunology and/or
Microbiology. Their main responsibility is to perform established tests and procedures under supervision of the shift supervisor and
interpret and report results as accurately as possible to assist physicians in diagnosis and treatment. Their duties also include
certain clerical tasks and related services.
- $24/hr with Shift Differential- flexible depending on experience
- Evening Shift
- Associate degree in Medical Laboratory Technician program required
- BS in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry preferred
- One or more years of Professional experience preferred
License or Certification Requirements:
- ASCP certification/equivalent or minimum of 10 years of medical laboratory experience required.
- Must register for MT/CLS or MLS/MLT (ASCP) certification or equivalent within three months of hire, and successfully completion of certification within 6 months of hire.
- Document any deviation from standard procedure with technical specialists or assistant managers.
- Document instrument checks, problems and solutions.
- Document the time of call, and the name of those giving and receiving the results.
- Follow established procedures to perform routine and special tests in assigned section.
- Follow quality control procedures for all tests and properly record results.
- Inform supervisor of any unusual or unexpected test results after repeating the analysis to confirm their validity.
- Maintain a neat and efficient work area.
- Perform all department related computer functions accurately.
- Perform analysis on CAP and other survey material when requested by team leader.
- Perform instrument maintenance as specified in section procedure manuals.
- Prepare routine and special solutions, reagents, and stains using established formulas and stock solutions.
- Prepare test reports and review accuracy of results before reporting them to clinicians or other authorized personnel.
- Report all panic values according to established policy and procedures.
- Rotate stock using older reagent first.
- Supervise student teaching and training as directed by team leader.
- The technologist is responsible for department where he/she is working.
- Train new technologists as directed by Director.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MTP Job ID: 13904