Lighthouse Lab Services is partnering with a children's hospital in Northwest Arkansas just north of Fayetteville, Arkansas. This hospital is looking for 2 Medical Laboratory Scientists for their evening/night shift at their 24 bed in-patient children's hospital.
The Medical Laboratory Scientist will perform a variety of laboratory tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
– All Shifts Available
The Role the MLS Plays:
– Performs general operational duties.
– Assumes responsibility for workflow and complies with hospital and laboratory policies and procedures.
– Participates in continuing education workshops and seminars, as required.
– Assists with the research, development, and/or validation of new policies, procedures and/or instruments.
– Assists with the stock levels, ensures stock rotation, and monitors expiration date of stock on hand.
– Alerts supervisor or designee when stock reaches minimum level.
– Assists with data collection.
– Researches new or replacement items and alternate supplies.
– Keeps work area neat and orderly.
– Knowledgeable of regulatory agencies requirements and inspection process.
– Shares responsibility in assuring all regulatory requirements are met.
– Provides input for continuous improvement.
– Performs laboratory procedures with accuracy and precision in assigned laboratory areaswith minimum supervision.
– Performs laboratory procedures appropriate to training and validated competency.
– Follows policies and procedures as outlined in the procedure manual.
– Coordinates and prioritizes work in order to meet expected turn-around time.
– Accurately calculates, transcribes and records test results.
– Accessions and prepares specimens for analysis, as required.
– Performs computer functions relevant to assigned area.
– Prepares and refers appropriate results to Pathology for review.
– Demonstrates scientific knowledge of testing principles, analytic procedures, and theirresults.
– Understands scientific principles and analytic procedures.
– Correlates results with diagnosis in order to determine validity or results.
– Evaluates the acceptability and validity of the results to ensure accuracy using multiple data.
– Accurately interprets and reports results in the LIS.
– Recognizes normal results and seeks direction for challenging events
– Communicates unusual findings to Pathology.
– Communicates and documents critical values to the appropriate caregivers.
– Performs Quality Assurance and Quality Control in assigned laboratory areas withsupervision, as needed.
– Verifies patient specimen identification throughout the entire analytical and reporting process.
– Evaluates specimen acceptability.
– Evaluates appropriateness of test orders.
– Performs quality control testing procedures and evaluates data, taking necessary corrective actions, and follows defined reporting procedures.
– Performs Manual Result Review.
– Performs daily and scheduled maintenance procedures on laboratory instruments and/or equipment.
– Performs Proficiency Testing, as assigned, meeting established deadlines.
– Maintains competencies in assigned laboratory areas, meeting established deadlines.
– Accountable for reading e-mails and/or other forms of communication related to policy, processes and procedure changes meeting established deadlines.
– Gathers and submits appropriate documentation for competency assessments.
– Identifies technical, instrument and/or physiologic causes of unexpected results.
Compensation for Your Efforts:
– Salary: $20-$32/hour (based on experience)
– Full benefits
Basic Preferred Profile:
– 1-3+ years of experience preferred for MLS(ASCP)-certified candidates
– 3-5+ years of experience preferred for MLT(ASCP)-certified candidates
– MLS(ASCP) strongly preferred
– MLT(ASCP) accepted if candidate is highly experienced
– B.S. in laboratory science or other life science strongly preferred
– A.S. in laboratory science or other life science accepted if candidate is highly experienced
– Flexibility and willingness to work with minimal supervision and/or alone in many cases
– Ability to multi-task and work in multiple lab disciplines
– A humble, teachable demeanor and a willingness to go the extra mile FOR THE SWEET, PRECIOUS CHILDREN!
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job ID: 11327