Lighthouse has partnered with an independent reference laboratory in Atlanta, Georgia is looking for a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) to join our team. We are looking for someone with toxicology experience running a LC/MS.
The candidate will be performing toxicology drug screening and confirmation testing. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience dealing with LC/MS and data interpretation. The candidate will be running a Thermo Scientific Indiko Plus Chemistry Analyzer and a Waters TQD mass spec.
The laboratory technician will analyze urine specimens using routine and complex instruments and manual methods; applies quality control, maintenance, and calibration procedures per standard operating procedures to provide accurate, reliable and timely results.
The position will require the candidate to be flexible in their job duties. This position may also include lab assistant duties. The candidate must be a certified Medical Laboratory Technician to apply.
Days: Monday-Friday; 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Associate of Science degree in Medical Technology or closely related field.
Certified as a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) by American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP), or American Medical Technologist (AMT) or equivalent.
2+ years of toxicology experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Use established lab protocol to perform laboratory tests and correctly log the results of those tests
- Inform clients of recollection protocols if a specimen is rejected
- Identify, diagnose and repair issues that may arise with the laboratory equipment
- Verify all test results and ensure that they are correctly matched with the specimen
- Label and organize all tests appropriately to make sure that they are easily retrievable
Skills and qualifications:
- Current certification
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Research and analysis skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to follow biohazard guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Understands basic clinical laboratory methodologies and recognizes factors that affect results.
- Associate Degree
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602
#JY Job ID: 13395