Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for a Medical Technologist, experience in all departments, to join an independent growing reference laboratory in Morrisville, NC.
This is a Monday-Friday day shift, no weekends, no holidays!!
– Actively looks for ways to improve the performance of the team resulting in improved quality, customer service, productivity, and a reduction in spending. A minimum of 70% of each day is focused on continuous improvement.
– Supervise any work assigned to members of the section and ensure that work is properly completed and reported; all the while communicating to leadership as needed.
– Function as a bench technologist when workload warrants.
– Review the relevant laboratory reports for extraordinary results and clerical errors before they are reported to the patients’ medical record including reports on procedures processed by reference laboratories.
– Maintain an adequate supply of materials in the section.
– Train students and new teammates as required.
– Maintain, improve, and continually check the accuracy of the testing methods and instruments in the section.
– Participate in research; developing and updating existing and new policies, procedures, and protocols.
– Participate in the cost analysis of existing and prospective test procedures.
– Collaborate with other sections for the benefit of the total lab.
– Perform medical laboratory procedures effectively and in accordance with the policies and protocols in effect.
– MT(ASCP) certified
– Bachelor's Degree in MLS
– 2+ years of experience
– Contribution to healthcare plan
– PTO & holidays