Lighthouse Lab Services is the premier provider of clinical laboratory personnel in the country. We are currently seeking a Medical Technologist to join a growing Medical Center near Havre, Montana. This will be a day shift position. New grads and candidates with flexibility in their schedules are encouraged to apply.
The Role You'll Play:
- Assures proper specimen processing and testing are followed in accordance with procedures to prevent adverse patient outcomes.
- Provides accurate patient test results by following approved policies and procedures to assist physicians in patient evaluation and assessment.
- Performs quality control assessments and routine instrument maintenance using department SOPs, accrediting agency standards and manufacturer specifications to assure the validity of laboratory test results.
- Perform QC testing and recognize deviation from acceptable values. Follow established protocol for remedial action. Verify all assays are in control before releasing patient results.
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly maintenance. Perform necessary calibration of instruments and ensure calibration period is adequate to cover testing.
- Continually updates personal skills, maintains competency and assures sectional in-service and education needs are met to comply with licensing and accrediting standards and regulations.
- Performs related accountabilities and responsibilities as required or directed.
- Result reporting is both timely and in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- This position does not directly supervise others, but does problem solve and trouble shoot as necessary.
- Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care.
- Knowledge of scientific theories, principles, instrumentation, and accepted practices.
- Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to interpret and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or Chemical, Physical, or Biological Science
- MT/MLS(ASCP) Certification is preferred
- Montana state license required
Salary and Benefits:
- $25-$29 per hour (based on experience)
- Health, Vision, Dental, PTO
- Relocation assistance
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#VT Job ID: 14200