You many know Lighthouse Lab Services at a laboratory consulting and recruiting company, but have you thought about joining Lighthouse as one of its team members?
We are seeking a Medical Laboratory Scientist / Technologist with a Generalist background to serve in core lab spaces for our clients across the country. You will get to work 8 to 12 weeks, perhaps longer, in new spaces and places – getting to learn laboratory best practices that can further your career.
If you are interested in traveling on assignment with us, we would love to hear from you!
– Permanent, full-time position. For this role, travel expectations are 80-90% of the time.
– Perform generalist testing – Microbiology, Clinical Chemistry, Immunohematology, Hematology. Infectious Disease testing experience is a plus.
– We have no preference to where you live – because this is primarily a travel role, you can be based in any of the contingent-48 states!
We are looking for:
– Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Laboratory Science or related field required.
– Completed a clinical rotation in all areas of the laboratory and 1+ years of experience in a core laboratory setting, preferably hospital, required.
– ASCP Certification is highly preferred but not required.
– Follow clinical laboratory testing procedures and policies in the performance of routine and specialized tests.
– Identify source and nature of test problems and make appropriate recommendations.
– Apply scientific method in problem solving and assist in evaluation of new methods and techniques.
– Assure that quality control criteria are met and adhere to established laboratory policies in handling hazardous substances.
– Record necessary documentation to comply with various agency regulations.
– Perform required instrument maintenance at the prescribed time and log appropriately.
– Assure a clean work area and technical clean-up at the end of each shift.
– Assist in maintaining sufficient supplies at each workstation.
– Assist in development and evaluation of new procedures and protocols.
– Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
– Deliver quality patient care while maintaining efficiency.
– Understanding of CLIA, CAP, COLA regulations.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Benefits and Perks:
– Travel, housing, and meal expenses are covered
– Salary is determined based on qualifications (Full-time, hourly)
– Full-benefits of being a Lighthouse Lab Services team member!
– Medical, Vision, and Dental Benefit offerings starting Day 1
– 15 days Paid Time Off (vacation and sick days)
– 8 Paid Holidays
– 401(k) retirement plan: We will match 100% of your contributions up to 3% of annual salary, then 50% of your contributions for the next 2% (up to 4% match).
– Company-provided Life Insurance + AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance
– Paid Volunteer Time Off
– Partially Paid Medical Leave / Paid Parental Leave
Lighthouse Lab Services is the USA's premier laboratory consulting, management, and recruiting company. With decades of laboratory start-up and operational experience, we have cultivated a collaborative team of scientists, consultants, and industry experts. We enjoy a rewarding atmosphere built on teamwork, recognition, and growth. This atmosphere enables us to provide innovative solutions and extraordinary client service to fulfill our mission of making laboratory testing more accessible.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
Job ID: 14458