Lighthouse Lab Services seeks a skilled and dedicated Medical Technologist for a free standing ER/Urgent care hybrid facility in Tampa, FL!. Under the direction of the laboratory manager and designated supervisory staff, the Medical Technologist provides routine and specialized laboratory testing in a timely manner for patient care. This person should be able to perform duties independently with minimum supervision.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to
- Follow clinical laboratory testing procedures and policies in the performance of routine and specialized tests.
- Identify source and nature of test problems and make appropriate recommendations.
- Apply scientific method in problem solving and assist in evaluation of new methods and techniques.
- Assure that quality control criteria are met and adhere to established laboratory policies in handling hazardous substances.
- Record necessary documentation to comply with various agency regulations.
- Perform required instrument maintenance at the prescribed time and log appropriately.
- Assure a clean work area and technical clean-up at the end of each shift.
- Assist in maintaining sufficient supplies at each workstation.
- Assist in development and evaluation of new procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Deliver quality patient care while maintaining efficiency.
- Understanding of CLIA, CAP, COLA regulations.
- Covid-19 and infectious disease testing.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Preferred Profile
- Associates' degree in Medical Lab Sciences or related field
- Experience working in an emergency room is a plus
- 1+ years of clinical laboratory experience preferred
- FL License preferred
- Competitive wages
- Full Benefits, 401k + match, Life Insurance, PTO
- M-F 9a-7p, Sat-Sun 9a-4p
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-334-1658 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CP JOB ID: 15587