Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a large reference laboratory in Milwaukee, WI in need of a Medical Technologist for its Blood Bank department. In this role, the selected candidate will be working 3rd shift and responsible for testing, analyzing, reviewing and reporting results, while living up to the philosophy of providing the highest quality of lab service for individuals to ensure the best possible patient care and client results.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
– Following laboratory procedures for specimen processing.
– Correctly identifying proper tubes, containers, transport media and storage temperature for each test type.
– Determining specimen acceptability and consulting with specimen processing supervisor, technologist, or pathologist as needed taking appropriate action when necessary.
– Understanding and following all safety, infection control, and OSHA Blood-borne Pathogen guidelines.
– Participating in departmental quality assurance and training programs.
– Accurately entering all required information or client specific requisitions into the laboratory information system.
– Understanding and recognizing laboratory information system alerts and flags and takes the appropriate actions.
– Recognizing when information presented on requisitions is unclear and following corrective actions.
– Acting as a resource to others who require assistance/training.
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science or Chemical, Biological, Physical science OR Associates degree in medical laboratory technology
– MT/MLS(ASCP), MLT(ASCP) certification or equivalent
– 1+ years of clinical laboratory experience (Chemistry – Blood Bank testing experience preferred)
Salary and Benefits:
– $25 – $39 per hour (DEO)
– Health, Dental, Vision
– Paid Time Off
– 401k with Employer Match
Shifts: (Differentials apply)
– Full time: 1st Shift; 1st/2nd swing Shift; 3rd Shift;
– Part time: 2nd Shift; 3rd Shift
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.