Minutes from Washington, DC lies Greenbelt, MD. Born of President F.D.R’s post-Depression New Deal, it incorporates a city and woodland and originally designed to provide affordable housing and work for the underemployed. Today it’s a thriving DC suburb rich in history, nature, and culture. And…it’s where you’ll find your next opportunity!
Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a Toxicology laboratory in Greenbelt, MD to fill a Medical Technologist position. This role requires a highly skilled and competent individual to perform chemistry analyzer and LC/MS testing.
You'll be responsible for the receipt, organization, and testing, as assigned, of daily patient specimens, as well as first level instrument maintenance and troubleshooting with the support of laboratory staff and under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager and Laboratory Director. The laboratory technologist will adhere to protocols and quality measures while performing sample preparation and operating laboratory instrumentation.
If this is your skill set, READ ON!
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain strict HIPAA Compliance
- Run daily testing
- Supervise all testing performance, corrective actions, and process improvement
- Perform instrument, validation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Develop SOPs
- Collect samples
- Run analyzers and gather confirmations
- Maintain QA/QC records and programs
- Oversee laboratory personnel performance, training, and competency
- Competitive (based on experience)
Minimum Preferred Profile:
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry or closely related field.
- 1+ years of LCMS certifying and releasing experience or GCMS experience in a high-complexity setting required.
- EIA analyzer experience preferred
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot instruments and routine lab equipment as needed to prevent errors and problems.
About Us: At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LK Job ID #14487