Are you interested in taking your Laboratory career to the next level by joining a successful and rapidly growing lab in one of the most desirable areas of the country? Lighthouse Lab Services is currently seeking a Medical Technologist to join a quickly growing Reference Laboratory near Fort Lauderdale, FL.
– The technologist is responsible for fulfilling the responsibilities assigned by the supervisor and will only perform tests as authorized by the director.
– Follows the clinical laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
– Adheres to the clinical laboratory’s quality control policies, documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed in accordance with the clinical laboratory’s approval policies and procedures.
– Follows the clinical laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the clinical laboratory’s defined acceptable levels of performance.
– Participate in proficiency testing samples and ensure that these samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
– Perform QC testing and recognize deviation from acceptable values. Follow
– Established protocol for remedial action. Verify all assays are in control before releasing patient results.
– Capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and able to assist in resolving technical problems.
– Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly maintenance. Perform necessary calibration of instruments and ensure calibration period is adequate to cover testing.
– Perform pre-analytical responsibilities such as sample prep, accessioning/data entry, worklist build, and sample storage.
– Maintain Inventory in a neat and acceptable manner.
– Participate in continuing education and in-service programs.
Basic Preferred Profile:
– BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology.
– Must be licensed as a Medical Technologist by the State of Florida in Microbiology and preferably Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Serology/Immunology, and Molecular Pathology.
– National certification with ASCP, AAB, AMT, NRCC or equivalent.
– Minimum of 1 year of experience in a Molecular/high complexity testing preferred. Experience should include:
– Micro-pipetting and plating samples
– Sample extraction procedures
– Instrumentation maintenance and operation
Salary and Benefits:
– Base salary of $55k – $70k, based on previous experience
– Full benefits
Lighthouse Lab Services specializes in recruiting Clinical Laboratory Professionals. We have over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, with clients ranging from small hospitals in rural Maine to large reference laboratories on the shores of Hawaii and everything in between.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Recruiting to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Recruiting will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC Job ID: 11936