Why not…play where you live, live where you work, work where you play.
“Nestled in the [North Carolina] Sandhills and within easy driving distance of Charlotte, Fayetteville, and the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill triangle”… lies Southern Pines. “Visitors from all over the region and beyond come to Southern Pines for…locally-owned boutique shopping, unique dining options, splendid historical sites, and exciting outdoor activities – including equestrian sports, biking, and world-class golfing”.1 All that, AND an amazing opportunity to be part of an up-and-coming lab.
Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for a Molecular Lab Manager for a clinical, molecular laboratory in Southern Pines, NC. The Molecular Lab Manager is responsible for overseeing testing activities, including equipment, test validation, troubleshooting and reporting. This person is responsibility for carrying out the clinical laboratory’s testing in accordance will with procedures, standards, and compliance, and ensure corrective actions are taken to resolve any technical problems that arise in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Supervise the lab operations of the Molecular Department, including accurate delivery of patient results, and competency assessments.
- Attend staff and management meetings and oversee daily lab operations
- Responsible for laboratory performance criteria.
- Monitor daily workflow in the lab, planning and scheduling for adequate assay coverage, and troubleshooting. Escalates problems as necessary.
- Supervise, train and mentor laboratory staff. Assist with the hiring of qualified employees.
- Perform PCR runs, analyze data, and prepare technical reports.
- Recommend measures to improve testing procedures and use of equipment.
- Analyze and resolve or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Assure that instruments are maintained and records are kept.
- Monitor test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that they meet the compliance standards.
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria.
- Report accurate and timely test results to deliver quality patient care.
- Be willing and able to assist at the bench on a regular basis.
- Other requirements as assigned by Lab Director/Technical Supervisor and Chief Operations Officer.
Minimum Preferred Profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in lab science with at least 1-year clinical laboratory related experience.
- Leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with performing PCR-based testing.
- ASCP or similar advanced certification preferred.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Quant Studio 5 preferred.
- Covid-19 Testing experience a plus.
Salary, Schedule, Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Life, Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Paid PTO
- 1st shift
About Us: At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LK Job ID #143