Molecular Laboratory Technologist, Infectious Disease
Baton Rouge, LA · Job ID: 9681 · · Industry: Molecular
Are you looking for an opportunity to have greater creative and scientific control in your day-to-day work, while working for an expanding full-service laboratory that is looking to expand its molecular test menu near Baton Rouge, LA?
We are looking for an experienced molecular testing professional who can take charge of the molecular testing and also perform some of the bench testing duties required of a technologist or laboratory scientist. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing testing activities including equipment and test validation and troubleshooting, and reporting of results on infectious disease panels.
Not only is this an excellent opportunity to work autonomously in an environment where your day-to-day contributions will really make an impact, but this lab location also provides one of the best locales in the south.
This person will be responsible for ensuring that the clinical laboratory’s testing is being carried out in accordance with procedures and that corrective actions are taken to resolve any technical problems that arise. He or she is responsible for the supervision of molecular testing personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Establishes performance criteria for laboratory tests.
– Monitors participation in approved proficiency testing program.
– Establishes a quality control program appropriate for high complexity molecular diagnostics and acceptable levels of analytical performance.
– Resolves technical problems and ensures remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
– Ensures that test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and test system is functioning as expected.
– Identifies training needs and ensures that testing personnel received necessary training and education.
– Assesses competency of testing personnel through direct observation and record review.
-KingFisher Duo Prime
-QS12K with the TaqMan Array Card Block for Respiratory, 384-well Block for UTI testing
– Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution, and have at one year of molecular lab testing experience
– Louisiana State license as a lab technologist required
– At least one year of laboratory training and/or experience in molecular diagnostics and microbiology.
– Knowledge and/ or use of QuantStudio and Luminex
– Exhibit understanding/documentation of the basic quality control as relates to equipment, reagents, and CLIA lab space
– Demonstrated leadership ability
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively; exercise good judgment
– Effective verbal and written communication skills
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job # 9681