Newark, NJ · Job ID: 9657 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Are you looking for an opportunity to have greater creative and scientific control in your day-to-day work, while working for an expanding full-service laboratory that is looking to expand it's PGX, RPP, and NGS testing menu?
Lighthouse Recruiting is representing a molecular diagnostic laboratory in need of an experienced molecular testing professional who can take charge of the molecular testing and also perform some of the bench testing duties required of a technologist or laboratory scientist. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing testing activities including equipment and test validation and troubleshooting, and writing SOPs as necessary.
Not only is this an excellent opportunity to work autonomously in an environment where your day-to-day contributions will really make an impact, but this lab location also provides one of the best locales in the country.
This person will be responsible for ensuring that the clinical laboratory’s is responsible for ensuring that the clinical laboratory’s testing is being carried out in accordance with procedures and that corrective actions are taken to resolve any technical problems that arise. He or she is responsible for the supervision of molecular testing personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Establishes performance criteria for laboratory tests.
– Monitors participation in approved proficiency testing program.
– Establishes a quality control program appropriate for high complexity molecular diagnostics and acceptable levels of analytical performance.
– Resolves technical problems and ensures remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
– Ensures that test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and test system is functioning as expected.
– Identifies training needs and ensures that testing personnel received necessary training and education.
– Assesses competency of testing personnel through direct observation and record review.
– Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution, and have at least two years of laboratory training and/or in molecular diagnostics.
– At least two years of laboratory training and/or experience in molecular diagnostics and microbiology.
– Knowledge and/ or use of QuantStudio and Luminex
– Exhibit understanding/documentation of the basic quality control as relates to equipment, reagents, and CLIA lab space
– Demonstrated leadership ability
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively; exercise good judgment
– Effective verbal and written communication skills
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#13579 Job ID: 9657