MT / Medical Technologist / Lead Hematology / Oncology
Charlotte, NC · Job ID: 9654 · · Industry: Staff Laboratory
Are you an experienced MT/MLS in Hematology looking for an opportunity to contribute directly to the health and wellness of your community. Do you enjoy working in a setting where the focus and motivation is always patient care and employee satisfaction? If so, this might be the job for you.
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a health system in the greater Charlotte, NC area. In this role, you will work the day shift Monday – Friday (between 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with every 3rd weekend and holiday rotation) for a facility that takes great pride in proving thoughtful care to residents in the suburbs of Charlotte, NC. This position offers qualified candidates the opportunity to be the Lead Hematology MT/MLS within the Hematology department as well as the chance to participate in process improvements to provide the highest quality of patient outcomes. Other responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
– Oversees the implementation and maintenance of quality, efficiency, and safety in the section, ensuring it meets CAP standards on a continual basis.
– Communicates to leadership deficiencies in the section, the progress of test development, team member actions under consideration, and all unusual occurrences which may require the attention of the leader.
– Demonstrates initiative in tracking and resolving problems, and continually checks the accuracy of test methods and instruments in the section.
– Reviews relevant laboratory reports, including reference laboratory reports, for extraordinary results and clerical errors before they are reported to the medical record.
– Maintains an adequate supply of materials in the section and participates in the cost analysis of existent and perspective tests.
– Completes orientation and training within the section.
– Assigns schedule and work for section and assists in workload evaluations as needed.
– Delegates authority and responsibility as appropriate.
– Ensures that work assigned to members of the section is completed and reported in a timely manner.
– Functions as bench technologist assisting with the workload. Meets all technical qualifications
Not only is this a great position but it also offers a wide variety of lifestyle advantages, including small-town charm and opportunities for outdoor and recreational activities with a great cost of living. If this sounds appealing, and you meet the below-preferred profile, we'd love to hear from you!
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Bachelor's degree in medical laboratory science or related
– MLS or MT(ASCP) or AMT certification required
– 2+ years of Hematology experience
Salary and Benefits:
– For MT/MLS: $22.42 – $33.63/hr
– Health, Dental, Vision
– Retirement savings
– PTO and holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MG Job ID: 9654