Vacuum Cleaner Hospital, a landmark retailer in Chapel Hill for over 33 years, is seeking an outgoing sales associate to join its team. If you love selling top quality products that last for many years, this is the position for you. We sell the best vacuum cleaners, air purifiers and cleaning accessories to benefit our customer’s lives. Our trademarked slogan is ‘Essentials for Clean Living’ and our products really help our customers achieve that!
Team Member Responsibilities
- Providing excellent customer service both in person and over the phone
- Maintaining and stocking store displays
- Greeting customers with their incoming repairs
- Learning our POS software to operate proficiently at the cash wrap counter
- Processing incoming freight orders as well as other miscellaneous tasks
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Pleasant communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to relay information in a clear and understandable manner (both verbal and written) to fellow team members and customers.
- Ability to follow instructions from management and store operating procedures
- Retail sales skills helpful but not essential – we will train you
- Willingness to learn basic knowledge of all products sold in the store front area
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to lift at least 40 lbs.
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including opening mornings and some Saturdays as needed. Our store hours are Monday – Saturday 9AM – 6PM.
- Minimum computer skills: familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
Benefits to You
- Vacuum Cleaner Hospital is an Orange County Living Wage employer
- Personal Time Off (PTO) is available after the first 6 months of employment
- Paid (partial) Health insurance is available if position develops into full time status
- Company paid RelyMD medical service
- Excellent work environment and strong family atmosphere
- High school diploma or equivalent
Please reply with email or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org