Tampa, FL · Job ID: 9839 · · Industry: Staff Laboratory
Lighthouse Lab Services is currently partnering with a top-notch healthcare organization in Tampa, FL that is currently searching for a new addition to their 1st Shift Anatomic Pathology Lab team. Located on the beautiful Gulf coast of central Florida, Tampa is situated in an ideal area with lots to do! From fun, themed weekend festivals to a foodies’ paradise and professional sports, Tampa has a little something for anyone from toddler to adults!
If you’re currently thinking to yourself that this is too good to be true… It’s not, so keep reading to follow along and learn more.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
– Assist in the preparation and performance of routine surgical specimen dissection.
– Select and prepare tissues for intraoperative frozen sections and/or touch imprints for cytological interpretation.
– Evisceration and dissection of autopsy specimens.
– Collaborate with Tissue Core personnel to procure research, time-dependent tissue specimens.
– Prepare gross photographs and tissues for monthly conferences.
– Assist with the Resident orientation to Surgical Pathology
– Assisting in the procurement and processing of surgical pathology specimens.
– Specimen receipt and accessioning, grossing, frozen sections, autopsy service, equipment maintenance, tissue banking, touch imprint preparation, and assists with resident orientation.
The Ideal Candidate Have:
– Bachelor's degree at minimum in related Life/Laboratory Services
*Master's degree (Pathology program) preferred.
– Minimum three (3) years' experience in the clinical laboratory setting as a Pathologist Assistant
*Experience can be waived if graduated from an accredited Pathologist Assistant program.
– Active ASCP required within six (6) months of hire
*Certification may be waived in lieu of >5 years' experience in an oncology hospital setting.
– Knowledge of clinical laboratory processes and workflow, and working experience with laboratory information systems.
– Experience in an academic hospital setting preferred but not required.
Salary and Benefits:
– Competitive Salary
– Full Benefits
– Tuition Assistance
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
# WB Job ID: 9839