Lighthouse Lab Services is partnered with a well-established health network in Milwaukee, WI and we are on the search to add some new team members to the Phlebotomy department.
Performs phlebotomy and specimen processing procedures. Develops and maintains professional relationships with patients, clients and other laboratory personnel. Performs all tasks in accordance with laboratory Lab procedures and policies.
Shifts Available (Full Time):
– Several early morning shifts (start at 4:00, 4:30 or 5:00 am)
– One 1st/2nd swing shift
– Collects blood specimens from patients of all age groups and physical conditions by venipuncture or capillary technique as outlined by laboratory policies and procedure
– Labels each specimen completely, accurately and legibly, such that the Accessioning Department can read everything on the label.
– Completes test request forms completely and accurately in accordance with laboratory procedure.
– Centrifuges blood specimens as required by protocol and prepare specimens to maintain specimen integrity for transport to the appropriate laboratory.
– Completes all required documentation (patient logs etc.) on same day as event is occurring.
– Maintains appropriate inventory levels to ensure that specimens can be collected as required, all clerical duties can be performed, and the collection site can be kept clean.
– Professional to customers: greets pleasantly, doesn’t raise voice, interrupt, demand info, speaks clearly and concisely, answers phone promptly.
– Professional to staff: pleasant, shares info relevant to work, no gossiping or disparaging remarks, accepts work without complaint or provides reason(s) why assignment is unmanageable, asks and answers questions related to improving department performance.
– Attendance meets department guidelines.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Minimum Education High School or equivalent
– Minimum Experience 1 year in phlebotomy
– License/Certification Phlebotomy certification by an accredited agency, completion of an approved phlebotomy training course, or equivalent experience through previous employment.
– Must meet all state and local requirements
Please note: The phlebotomy positions involve driving to nursing homes, group homes and patient private homes. So a valid driver’s license with a relatively clean driving record are required.
– Communicates effectively as required
– Experienced and efficient with computers
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Possible exposure to infection from disease-bearing specimens
– Regularly exposed to risk of blood-borne diseases
– Exposed to odorous chemicals and specimens
– Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
– Work independently, sometimes alone
– Must follow Universal Precautions
– Required Protective Equipment Eye protection
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com