Looking for a Quality Control Specialist opportunity in the Raleigh area? Look no further! Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a growing independent reference laboratory right outside of Raleigh, NC. Perfectly located between the beautiful NC beaches and mountains, Raleigh is an absolute gem of a city!
The QC Specialist Will:
- Play an integral part in performing Quality Control (QC) test methods and working with the clinical laboratory and clinical assay transfer teams to define specifications for purchased and in-house manufactured reagents and consumables.
- Require knowledge about reagent QC testing, analytical NextGen Sequencing methods and technology, and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the development of new products, new processes, and in ensuring the consistent quality of materials used in commercial patient sample testing within the Clinical Laboratory.
- Participate in group efforts to create and implement quality testing methods, stability data, and standard operating procedures to ensure that any quality issues with reagent or consumable lots are discovered and addressed PRIOR to their use in our Clinical Laboratory.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in the investigation of reagent quality issues and help drive continual improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of QC methods. (Robust System for Incoming Release of Materials).
- Skills/Experience: Minimum 2-4 of relevant molecular biology experience in a laboratory setting is preferred.
- Reagent Quality Control experience is required.
- Education/Background: Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related field.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Desired experience in a molecular-based clinical diagnostics laboratory managing inventory and reagent quality control processes.
- An understanding of CLIA/CAP requirements for materials management.
- An understanding of Quality System Regulation requirements and GMP working environment.
- Familiarity or proficiency with 21 CFR part 820 / IVD reagent manufacturing and qualification.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Data entry experience with Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) and/or Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- IVD experience (reagents and assays) preferred with demonstrated ability working in a team environment.
- Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
Pay & Benefits:
- $50-70K depending on experience
- Non-exempt / Hourly
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MTP Job ID: 14070