Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Mass Spectrometry, we are seeking an exceptional Research Associate to join our Mass Spectrometry team based. This group implements and develops the newest methods for proteomics molecular profiling leveraging our proprietary technology platform and the latest generation of mass spectrometers. The driving focus of this team, working closely with the data science and bioassay groups, is to acquire as much molecular profiling data as possible from samples in order to develop information that is key to a variety of downstream utility and value propositions.
Our new Mass Spectrometry Research Associate will ideally have a track record of accomplishments in academia or in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. The successful candidate is likely to have a background in a bench laboratory scientific discipline such as biochemistry, molecular biology, or analytical chemistry, with a preferred 2 years experience with mass spectrometry. This role requires experience with some form of complex laboratory instrumentation such as MS, HPLC, or LHR.
The Mass Spectrometry group is focused on using the latest MS and associated instrumentation for proteomics molecular profiling. Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include:
- Carefully perform procedures on experimental samples derived from blood and blood products, urine, saliva, and other biological fluids or tissues.
- Perform routine calculations, data entry, and lab notebook maintenance, including electronic notebooks and other data annotation, curation, and storage formats.
- Operate sophisticated analytical equipment including HPLCs and mass spectrometers.
- Use and maintain standard molecular biological laboratory equipment such as pipettes, centrifuges, pH meters, sonicator, etc.
- Prepare laboratory reagents and buffers.
- Prepare samples (biological fluids) for analytical measurement.
- Facilitate disposal of associated experimental workflow waste streams including organic solvents.
- Work closely with the data science group as well as interact, collaborate, and support other functional teams within the Research, Development, and Clinical framework.
The successful candidate for the position of Mass Spectrometry Research Associate will have experience with mass spectrometry. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.?
- A BS or MS degree or equivalent experience in a bench laboratory scientific discipline such as biochemistry, molecular biology, or analytical chemistry.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an academic or life-sciences industry laboratory setting (biotech start-up experience preferred).?
- Experience with some form of complex laboratory instrumentation such as MS, HPLC, or LHR (MS preferred, notably on Thermo, SCIEX, and/or Bruker platforms).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support the company's scientific and business goals
- Must work well in a small team setting, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job #14111