Responsible Person, Toxicology
Kansas City, KS · Job ID: 10108 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Are you looking for an established, employee-oriented lab company that puts quality testing and personnel retention at the forefront? Tired of your current surroundings and interested in relocating to a city that Forbes ranks among the best downtowns in the country, as well as the best cities for career growth? Look no further!
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a superior reference laboratory in Kansas City, KS that is searching for its next Responsible Person overseeing Toxicology In this role, you will be responsiblefor the management and operation of the toxicology drug testing laboratory. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the HHS/SAMHSA-certified Drug Testing Laboratory.
- Developing, maintaining, and fostering an environment of positive employee relations.
- Overseeing the scientific and technical functioning of the department while working collaboratively across departments.
- Recommending, implementing and monitoring departmental procedures, policies, and standards.
- Ensuring appropriate methodology and equipment is in place while assisting in developing new methods or changes in existing methods.
- Reviewing and interpreting QC results, acting to correct any potential violations, and recommending corrective action where appropriate.
If this sounds appealing, and you for the below preferred profile, we would love to hear from you:
Basic Preferred Profile:
- PhD in one of the natural sciences with an undergraduate and graduate education in biology, chemistry, and pharmacology or toxicology OR
- Training and experience comparable to a PhD such as a medical or scientific degree with additional training and lab/research experience in biology, chemistry, and pharmacology or toxicology.
- Appropriate experience in analytical forensic toxicology, including experience with the analysis of biological material for drugs of abuse AND
- Appropriate training and/or experience in forensic applications of analytical toxicology.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary dependent upon experience
- Full benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID # 10108