Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a leading health system and we are looking to hire a Senior Clinical Technologist.
What you will do:
A Medical Technologist's responsibilities in the Hematopathology Flow Cytometry Lab include but are not limited to:
- Perform Leukemia and Lymphoma testing using:
- Antibody cocktailing for various panels on BD Duet system
- Flow cytometry testing using BD Lyrics
- Analysis using Kaluza analysis software
- Performs staining and differentials of bone marrow morphology cases
- Work collaboratively with others to report results in a timely, efficient manner and to maintain a positive work environment.
- Follow quality control and quality assurance procedures.
- Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Perform lab and hospital designated competency assessments.
- Adhere to established laboratory procedures and policies.
- Participate in the continuous improvement process and continuing education for lab personnel.
- Maintain expertise/competency in all areas of training, always putting patient work ahead of specialized duties.
As a Senior Clinical Technologist:
- Provide day-to-day technical supervision of qualified personnel performing testing, analysis, resulting, and preparing preliminary reports in the hematopathology laboratory, including peripheral and bone marrow morphological assessment and flow cytometric leukemia/lymphoma testing.
- Responsible for writing and reviewing procedures and policies within the document management system.
- Participate in validation of equipment, analyzers, and tests in hematopathology.
- Monitor, organize, maintain quality control and quality assurance records.
- Help oversee training and competency assessment of new employees, initially and after 6 months, then annually.
- Conduct training competencies for new test methods or new equipment.
- Help ensure maintenance and perform daily troubleshooting of LIS, EMR, instrument interfaces and other information technology applications used in the lab section.
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the following required qualifications prior to the start date of employment:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Laboratory Science or biological science.
- Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist certification or eligible to be certified by BOC.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Experience in a Flow Cytometry laboratory
- MLS or specialty certification is highly desired
- Time management skills and the ability to accomplish extra duties while completing patient work
- Day shift with rotational weekend and holiday on-call coverage.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com