As the USA's premier laboratory consulting, management, and recruiting company, Lighthouse Lab Services is doubling down on its efforts to develop in-house products and services, as that is our company's lifeblood and will be for years to come. We're looking for someone who's excited, engaged, and focused. Someone who's an innovator, a scholar, and a collaborator. Lastly, someone who's a design thinker and inspired by their work. Lighthouse Lab Services is seeking a new Senior Scientist to join our growing team to not only perform such rewarding work but to also consult with our managed labs and other clients. If you're up for an incredibly rewarding challenge, we'd be honored to hear from you.
The Senior Scientist will be responsible for infectious disease (RPP and UTI) assay development, method development, research and development, and consulting with our managed labs and consulting clients. You'll be collaborating with our team and our customers by providing advice and feedback. You'll get a chance to train our Sales department on how to pitch the new, awesome tests you come up with in the lab. Essentially, if you're looking to creatively express your research and development side while making clinical lab testing more accessible? This is the job for you.
This position is located in our Charlotte HQ.
Qualifications and Expertise:
– PhD/MD in relevant field of study
– Master's Degree in Molecular Biology or Laboratory Science
– Research and Development experience
– PCR experience
– UTI and RPP assay development experience
– Doctorate-level candidate with board certifications and HCLD
– Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) experience preferred
– Molecular Biology, MB(ASCP), certification is a plus
– Minimum 2 years of laboratory experience highly preferred
– Some exposure to toxicology is nice to have
– Clinical infectious disease testing experience highly preferred, particularly within UTI and RPP
Compensation and Benefits:
– Competitive Salary (based on experience)
– Medical, Vision and Dental Benefit offerings
– Paid Time Off (vacation and sick days)
– After 3 years at the company, you'll accrue an addition PTO day yearly
– 8 Paid Holidays
– 401(k) retirement plan: We will match 100% of your contributions up to 3% of annual salary, then 50% of your contributions for the next 2% (up to 5% of your salary)
– Company-provided short and long-term disability insurance
– Life Insurance + AD&D
– Paid Volunteer Time Off
– Paid Medical Leave / Paid Parental Leave
– Company sponsored events, socials, snacks + more
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job # 12905