Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a reference lab near Atlanta, GA. We're looking for an Accessioner to be an integral part of a growing, fantastic culture. The Specimen Accessioner will handle performing clinical specimen accessioning, sample sorting and data entry in a fast-paced environment according to established standard operating procedures. Consistently adheres to laboratory policies for safety, conduct, and performances.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
– Accurately accession all specimens received and verify that all specimens are properly identified.
– Process work completely and accurately, to include requisitions and any other documents accompanying specimens, within departmental guidelines and time frame. Maintains complete, accurate and up-to-date documents such as equipment logs and worksheets, such that information can be accessed immediately or in a timely manner.
– Maintains clean work areas.
– Participate in accessioning by opening, verifying samples
– Prioritizes and sorts specimens appropriately for accessioning and processing.
– Data entry capturing of patient demographics and specimen identification
– Performs data entry login of patient demographics, clinical information, specimen source, and test(s) orders from specimen requisitions into computer systems and accessions specimen containers as needed or required.
– Documents all problem cases appropriately
– Reviews specimen requisitions against data entry of requisition information, for accuracy, documents errors noted and forwards documentation to supervisor, and corrects errors found.
– Exhibit attention to details in specimen handling
– Perform instrument maintenance concurrent with training and competency
– Ability to work on other tasks (assigned by supervisor) with minimal supervision
– Maintain clean work environment
– Support other team members in their duties
– Understand and follow CLIA and CAP guidelines.
– Assist in kit-building as required.
– Assist in organizing work areas and inventory as required.
– Maintains consistent and reliable attendance and complies with company guidelines on attendance
– Unpack, record and store reagents and supplies.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
The skills and specifications for this position:
– Excellent analytical abilities and communication skills (verbal and written).
– Excellent practical knowledge about the applications of scientific principles.
– Ability to spot mistakes in procedures and report them to supervisor.
– Ability to work well in a group as well as carry out individual assignments.
– Proficient in computer and internet application skills required for the job.
– Familiar with CLIA and CAP guidelines, great attention to detail.
– Ability to focus for long periods on a task, able to lift 50lbs, and willingness to learn
– Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain production, integrity of laboratory specimens, accurate data entry and quality standards determined by the clinical laboratory
– Must be capable of using a computer to include Laboratory Information Management System and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
– High school diploma
– Previous laboratory experience
– Medical terminology
– Two-year college degree with 24 hours in biology & chemistry
– The laboratory environment has an inherent risk of exposure to blood-bourne pathogens, and other pathogens along with risks associated with hazardous chemical exposure. All safety policies and procedures must be observed to minimize these risks.
– Identifies and reports current or potential unsafe/unhealthy practices and conditions to the appropriate Supervisor
– Complies with, and participates in, all quality control and quality assurance policies, procedures and regulations
– Reports all accidents, near accidents, injuries, work-related illnesses, special occurrences, and other emergencies win which the employee is involved to the appropriate Supervisor
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job #12287