A clinical laboratory in the Tampa, FL area is looking for Specimen Processors for their DAY SHIFT to start as soon as possible.
– Specimen processors receive specimens, enter specimen data into the laboratory information system (LIS), prepare specimens for laboratory analysis, and stores specimens per laboratory policy.
– Performs registrations and order entry in the LIS.
– Receive laboratory specimens and check against the requisition for accuracy.
– Ensure that the labels on the specimens coincide with the information provided on the requisition.
– Check specimens for acceptance or rejection criteria according to policy.
– Label and track prepared specimens in accordance to lab policy.
– Ensure that each process of specimen preparation is documented in accordance to the lab’s policy.
– Handle hazardous waste management activities in accordance to policies, protocols, and regulatory standards.
– Ensure proper storage of specimens in the appropriate storage areas.
– Document and report any issues that may have arisen during the intake or preparation process.
– Communicate appropriately with supervisor and staff to inform of any rejections or problems encountered during specimen processing.
– Assist Client Service with problem resolution according to lab policy.
– High School Graduate or GED;
– Good organizational skills
– Attention to detail and follow-through skills.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer skills, and advanced typing skills
Preferred Candidate Profile:
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with 1 to 2 years of experience
- Experience in a clinical laboratory environment is required
Salary & Benefits:
- Pay is $16-$18 per hour
- Full benefits: Health, Vision, Dental
- Vacation + holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
Job ID: 13301