Technical Specialist, Flow Cytometry
Jackson, MS · Job ID: 10169 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Are you a Flow Cytometry Technologist and interested in further growing your career? Hoping to join a level one teaching facility in one of the historic and interesting locations in the country? Keep reading to learn more about this rare opportunity to join an amazing flow testing team.
We are representing a fantastic company near Jackson, MS that is looking to bring on a licensed Medical Technologist (MT) or Cytogenetic Technologist (CG) to perform and guide the testing of flow cytometry as a Technical Specialist. The essential responsibilities of this role include ensuring that testing procedures are followed accurately to guarantee accurate results for patients and providers. The shift for this position will be days, Monday-Friday.
Some of the things you'll have an opportunity to do in this role include:
– Receive and process specimens according to department protocols.
– Design and update procedures to promote maximum efficiency/accuracy of testing and reporting.
– Assists the Director with administrative functions such as ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
– Produces, interprets and reports accurate and precise test results.
– Identify and correct problems that may adversely affect test performance or result reporting of patient samples.
– Communicates pertinent section information/issues to supervisor, manager or other appropriate individuals.
– Performs instrument maintenance and method troubleshooting.
– Validates new methods.
– Handles CAP surveys.
– Bachelor's of Science in chemical, physical, or chemical science
– ASCP certification as Medical Technologist (MT) or cytogenetic technologist (CG)
– Possess (or eligible for) Tennessee State License
– 3+ years of previous flow cytometry experience required
– Previous supervisory experience highly preferred but not required
– Prior experience using Beckman Coulter analyzer preferred but not required
– Prior experience working with FCS Express software preferred but not required
Salary and benefits:
– $75,000+ annual salary (based on experience)
– Relocation Assistance on a case-by-case basis
– Health, Vision, Dental
– State Employee retirement benefits
– PTO, Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BH Job ID: 10169