Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for a Technical Supervisor to join the DAY shift at a well established independent laboratory located near Tampa, FL. This person will be accountable for working with the Laboratory manager to develop and maintain the lab's and remote sites' QA program and ensuring that the organization meets all regulatory requirement.
DAY SHIFT / Monday-Friday / 9am-5pm
- Each week go through Levy-Jennings QC to ensure QCs are trending correctly and approve QC for week.
- Each week make sure maintenance/temperature logs have been filled out correctly.
- Create QC files for new instrumentation and new lots. Enter in new means and ranges for new lots and for any adjustments as necessary. This may occur every few months.
- Create hard copies and store any new instrument validations, new method validations, and studies in a timely manner.
- Write and update SOP's
- Ensure COVID testing is completed daily M-F. This is primary and only DAILY responsibility. Responsible for performing maintenance procedures on and operation of the instrumentation as dictated by the manufacturer for COVID instrumentation.
- Responsible for keeping track of all COVID supplies and letting the Manager know when orders need to be placed.
- Document training and competencies for staff
- Responsible for keeping track of entering, monitoring and evaluating Proficiency Testing.
- Evaluates QC results for all tests. Compiles QA reports as directed.
- Investigates and resolves problems; informs laboratory Manager of any and all serious problems.
- Responsible for the maintenance and retention of all documents needed for Federal/ State inspections
- Performs other ancillary duties as directed by competent authority.
- Ensures laboratory is ready to meet all accreditation and regulatory inspections.
– Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology or related field
– Florida state Supervisor license
– 3+ years of clinical laboratory experience
– ASCP (or equivalent)
– Health, Vision, Dental
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 15 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC #Job ID 13029