When your town slogan is “Close to Everything and Next to Perfect”, it says it all! This is Eatonton, GA where the pace might be a little slower but there’s something for everyone. It’s also where your next Travel opportunity begins.
Lighthouse Lab Services is excited to represent an acute care hospital in Eatonton, GA that is looking for a TEMP LCMS Certifying Scientist position to support their growing team!
The Certifying Scientist is responsible for sample preparation, the assessment of LCMS data, and the final review of patient data. The qualified candidate will process clinical samples for diagnostic drug and metabolite confirmation analysis and will engage in professional work in conducting toxicological examinations to identify and quantify target compounds. In addition, they will participate in validation studies, proficiency testing programs, method development, and other programs at the direction of the Technical Supervisor.
If this sounds like you READ ON!
Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Preps and loads and runs samples through LCMS equipment
- Review for accuracy and release results of drug confirmation data from the laboratory as it compares with the initial screening data
- Initiate any corrective action in the lab on testing data that has been reviewed and found to be incomplete or inconclusive
- Ability to appropriately prepare and handle specimens for quality results
- Clerical expertise
- Exhibit high level of dexterity required for reagent/specimen preparation
- Ability to use mechanical and technical equipment required
- Perform instrument troubleshooting and maintenance
- Understanding of medical terminology and concepts
- Keep accurate records
- Perform quality control and report test results in accordance with policies and procedures
- Demonstrate support for the hospital mission/vision and commitment to our patients
- Continually seek ways to improve the patient care as well as department efficiency and effectiveness
- Perform as a team member and is committed to co-workers
- Present a professional and positive image in appearance and communications
- Meet assigned work schedule and complete responsibilities of role
- Adhere to hospital, department, and personnel policies
- Participate in job related education and complete any required training.
- Demonstrate resource management skills to ensure cost containment
- Ensure that a safe environment is provided at all times
- Comply with requirements of corporate compliance policy
Basic Preferred Profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science or related field
- Advanced Certification (ASCP or similar) preferred
- 1+ year(s) LCMS certifying and releasing experience in a clinical setting is a plus
Salary, Shift, Benefits
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Full benefits
- First shift – M-F
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.??
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.??
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-334-1658 | lighthouselabservices.com?
#LK # 15979