In this role you will effectively lead the laboratory medical billing, collections and all aspects of accounts receivable team in an extremely fast paced and growing environment. This position will require a full and comprehensive understanding of the LIS (Laboratory Information System) as well as the clinical laboratory billing system (Sea Coast) and all aspects of laboratory revenue cycle management. This Vice President position will manage, lead and direct the activities of the centralized billing staff through daily supervision while overseeing all Billing and Accounts Receivable functions.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
– Direct A/R Cycle Management and staff to ensure that accurate and timely submission of all claims and timely collections occurs in accordance with all third party contract terms including, Medicare, managed care, commercial insurance, and direct patient pay.
– Establish and maintain all billing and financial data, including medical billing code tables, rate schedules and payer information.
– Assure maximization of cash collections through organized, diligent and timely focused monitoring of all open accounts receivable balances.
– Assists with the efforts to streamline the revenue cycle process. Partners with coding, billing and other staff to address issues and recommend alternative methods. Reviews current processes and offers effective, efficient and where feasible, timesaving measures.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
– A minimum of ten years of supervisor experience as a Revenue Cycle/ Medical Billing Manager in a Clinical Laboratory, or other related healthcare field. Proven track record of managing large billing groups ensuring the highest level of effectiveness and productivity.
– Ten years plus medical reimbursement experience, with progressive supervisory management in an automated billing environment.
-Well-versed with all federal, state and HIPAA privacy regulations and HIPAA regulated code sets to include thorough working knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding protocols and procedures.
– Possess the knowledge base to assess the effectiveness and accuracy of LIS and Laboratory Billing System, providing input as necessary to making corrections and/or enhancements to revenue cycle management and outcomes.
– Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications.
– Health, Vision, Dental
– Life Insurance
– Short and Long-term disability
– Retirement savings plan
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID# 10377